Monday, July 16, 2012

Just One More Day...



I say this often when it comes to my weekends, if only I could have one more day... and this weekend was no exception. It was the perfect mix of...

  • ME TIME- I 'accidentally' showed up an hour early to my hair appointment so I could sneak into the salon's super relaxing spa area to catch up on some reading. It was just what I needed. I left feeling refreshed and I have some new super blonde summer highlights to show for it too.
  • PLAY TIME with Mr. oh-so-worth-the-wait- We decided to escape the city and drove out to my parents for the night. We grabbed ourselves some cocktails, sat outside under the stars and listened to the crickets. It felt like we were a world away and I didn't even mind the mosquito bites I found scattered all over my body the next morning. I also didn't mind getting up before sunrise to ride through the hills with Mr. oh-so-worth-the-wait. It was beautiful. Who knows, my quest to become a morning person may be closer than I thought. 
  • CATCH UP TIME with old friends-  Call it a newlywed thing, but there is this calm excitement that comes over me when I'm in the company of other couples that give off that, "we're in this together" vibe as I like to call it. Lucky for me, I got to experience that this weekend. We had brunch with one of my high school friends and her ridiculously cute family of five. It was so nice to see her, to get to know her kids personalities and to hear her and her husband talk about their upcoming 10-year anniversary. Our upcoming one-year anniversary has flown by, so it's pretty crazy to think that come our 10-year, we may be on the other side of that table with three little nuggets of our own. Where does the time go.
  • CATCH UP TIME with old, new friends-  To close out the weekend, I decided to join Mr. oh-so-worth-the-wait and attended Sunday night mass. Its been quite some time since I've gone, so it felt karmic in a way because we ran into Father Eddie, who married us almost one year prior to the date. Shortly after our wedding, he moved to the East coast, so he just happened to be back in town for a conference and we were lucky enough to run into him. It was such a nice surprise. Now I can't say that I know many priests. To be honest, I've always found their profession, which makes up such a huge part of who they are, difficult to relate to. But, when I met Father Eddie I knew he was someone I wanted to know. He has an optimism about life that's contagious and he wound up being a big part of our engagement process. It was the perfect end to a great weekend.

Bring it on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like