Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stuck in a Rut


Have you ever found yourself in the company of someone stuck in a rut? It's as if you can literally see the person shrunk down to the size of an action figure, running in a hamster wheel they can't figure out how to get off of. Their stories follow the same cyclical pattern and almost always end with the question, "how does this stuff happen to me?"

It's enough to make me want to channel Dr. Phil. Instead I try to remind myself that I too have been stuck on that wheel. I had to figure out for myself that the only way to get off was to slow down, take a serious look at how I got there, where I wanted to go, and get out of my own way so I could actually get there. It's hard work. It's work that only I could do. It's also the most rewarding work I've ever done and continue to do.

So wheel runners, I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, hoping the wheel slows down for you. As for me, I'm more of an open road kind of gal these days. It puts a smile on my face just saying so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

You Might Also Like